Friday, May 21, 2010

The Universe will take you kicking and screaming

I must confess, I am a planner..and a neurotic list maker. If I could, I’d plan every hour of my life and make lists to the end of time. I also am very ecstatic about travelling but tend to get homesick by the third day. With all this in mind, I’ll be travelling the world for 80 days with loose travel plans (since I couldn’t possibly plan out 3 months ahead of time) a few outfits stuffed into a backpack, and determined spirits. A couple of goals in mind (self discovery, learn about various cultures, read Team of Rivals, learn all of Atif Aslam’s songs, blah blah), a crucial “to do” is to test my personal limits. From how I often I shower or wash my clothes, what mountain I’ll hike, will I really go bungee jumping in Queenstown?! to the challenges of adapting to a new country every week, my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual being will be tested to the core.

Come join me in my global trekking adventure through the crazy itinerary listed below…

HOME -> New Zealand -> Australia -> Singapore -> Hong Kong -> Thailand -> India -> UAE -> Spain -> France -> Kenya -> Tanzania -> HOME


So tonight, I leave my bag unpacked and apartment quite messy to savor my last night in Jersey City with good drinks and fabulous company at the local beer garden…..anxiously waiting for the universe to take me on my adventure…. kicking and screaming.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the pictures that will accompany the many destinations/personal limits testing ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy and I were catching up on where in the world is Sahana today! great writing - please keep it up. I am living vicariously through you! Dont forget to post pics too! Have a blast and be safe - KP

    ReplyDelete