Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blue, White, Blue

All I see is blue and white on the Greek Island of Mykonos. There is a government ordinance that all the houses must be painted white, and they all have either red, blue, or green doors. Thus you see a mélange of blue, white, and blue. The blue sky, the white houses, and the blue sea; they all somehow nicely blend together. I was surprised at how windy it gets on the island, and at how chilly it gets at night. Though I’m not much of a beach person, I really enjoyed the beaches here; they are very clean and small. We found a nice brunch spot near the hotel and ended up eating there daily. Run by a Greek couple, they made the best crepes I’ve ever had. Another thing to mention, the Greek yogurt here is amazing, whether regular, or frozen with some fruit and honey is just divine. I made sure to have yogurt at least once a day. It was a good choice to stay in the city center as everything is walking distance and there are many buses that go to the various beaches. It is nice to get lost in the streets as most of them don’t have names, they all look exactly the same, and you will get lost no matter what. So might as well do so proactively. It was a nice few relaxing days in Mykonos, now I head off to Casablanca for two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment