Saturday, August 18, 2012

Boiling Point


Frustrations…
…of not knowing the language and in turn, not understanding people. And of not knowing what to do...

I realize it’s not so easy to work in different languages – not being to do simple things or struggling through the simplest of things that you would never think about in real life – ie how do I get to work- how do order food when I’m not understood – how do I get around when I don’t know where I’m going – men and really pissing me off– AHHHHHH – but then I remind myself , this is what I signed up for. 

The challenge of all these things ..you have good days, you have bad days, it’s a giant roller coaster, with the hopes of self-discovery and improvement in the end. As when you are stuck in a rut, you must look for different paths, truer answers. So what do I do when I feel homesick – missing the ease of life in the US and my family and friends? I watch sappy Indian movies for comfort and to learn Hindi :).

No comments:

Post a Comment