Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodbye Fontainebleau


I leave France with a heavy heart. This is been one of the best times of my life. Living in rural France, attending school, traveling around every weekend. Though many things were strange to me, as I am accustomed to everything being done quickly and efficiently, in France I am convinced that they find the hardest way to do anything. But alas, after some time, you get kind of used to it and like it. From round abouts every 100 meters, to waiters who just don’t want you to leave restaurants (I assume table utilization is not a top concern for restaurateurs here), I will miss it all! I gaze at Chateau Montmelian through the side view mirror and see it disappear into the trees. Maybe I’ll be back one day… My fairytale life over the past two months with glimpse into Beauty & the Beast, Harry Potter, the Secret Garden, Narnia, and Rapunzel has now come to an end. But it is not all sadness; I have a few weeks of adventures around Europe to look forward to before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment