Thursday, April 12, 2012

Midnight Safari


One of my favorite middle of the night activities, which can only be done around Fontainebleau, is to go wild boar watching. Usually they come out at night, past midnight, in certain areas. Thus, the best time to look for them is driving home from a chateau party. We would drive slowly, with the high beams on, eyes glued to the edge of the road, intently searching for this uglier version of a pig. On a good night, we’d have 3-4 siting’s of families. I don’t know why I found this so exciting, but it was. This is one of the many ways to be entertained when living in the woods. 

I was a little jealous that I never saw them near my house, but I had another daily siting; which would be of the prostitutes of Fontainebleau. As strange as it sounds, they would stand on the side of the road, next to the woods, waiting for truckers as they drove to Lyon. Like clockwork, I’d see them daily as I drove to school, any time after 11am that is. They’d be on their phones…waiting, yet I’d see no cars around. I suppose their pimp drops them off and picks them up. Another weird thing I’ll never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment